So many of us are working our hearts out to make ends meet, but still struggling to get ahead. Meanwhile the political establishment in Washington rigs the game for the rich and the powerful. We have the opportunity right now and the political will right here to play a different game. We can build an America that puts families first. We can rewrite the rules so our economy works for all of us, no matter our zip code or our income.
We have an opportunity to build a bigger table, not a higher wall.
When America belongs to all of us, we’ll invest in working families and rebuild our middle class – the bedrock of our democracy.
I will fight for the following:
- To make sure that every American who wants a job will have one that pays enough to support a family and live a good life.
- To provide excellent education to all Americans through tuition-free public college and quality public school.
- To pass Medicare-for-All and ensure that every American – no matter how rich or poor – has access to the medical care we need.
- To treat the Earth as our home and reject pipelines and extractive industries that enrich oil and gas executives while leaving our land and water permanently polluted.
- To raise the minimum wage because no one who works a full-time job should have to live in poverty.
- To end the corruption of our politics. We’ll tell the corporate lobbyists and billionaire donors that politicians will not be bought and sold anymore.
- To take care of our neighbors struggling against the epidemic of opioid addiction and create a path to rehabilitation – not criminalization.
- To protect undocumented Americans and provide a humane path to citizenship for all who call America home.
- To support Puerto Rico in resolving the debt crisis and empowering its residents to decide their future.
These are just a few of my most strongly held beliefs.
The beauty of the American story is that there has always been and will continue to be a process of perfecting our union and experiment in self-governance.
I believe that representation begins with listening, so in addition to holding regular town hall meetings throughout the campaign to hear what matters most to you, I ask you to share your thoughts with me about our country’s most important issues.